Are you wondering how you are going to pay for your undergraduate studies? The University of South Florida is accepting applications for 2023 admission through the USF International Freshman Scholarships.
This is a merit-based scholarship from the USF Office of Admissions open for international first-year students and transfer students considering studying for an undergraduate degree course at the USF.
Founded in 1956, USF is home to 14 colleges. It offers over 240 majors and concentrations, including accelerated and high-ability programs, plus undergraduate, graduate, specialist, and doctoral-level degree programs.
Why at the University of South Florida? Pick out to study with USF is a great decision. It is a high-impact, global research university faithful to student success. Known as Florida’s fourth largest university, it is one of the 40 most diverse universities in the nation, with students representing more than 140 countries.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2023.
- University or Organization: University of South Florida
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $4,000 (Up to $1,000 per year)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for undergraduate education in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Suppose students completed all four years of high school at a US institution. In that case, they must fill out the Student Self-Reported Academic Record.
- Suppose students completed any year of high school at an institution outside of the US. In that case, they must submit high school transcripts (unofficial international and official domestic). Do not submit a Self-Reported Academic Record.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit a complete admissions application to be considered for merit-based scholarships. No separate application is needed for the scholarship, but all the required information must be submitted.
- Supporting Documents: Required information, including application fee or fee waiver, official SAT or ACT scores, official high school transcripts, and other required documents, are needed for an application. Ensure the application is complete by logging into usf.edu, selecting OASIS, and reviewing the admissions checklist.
- Admission Requirements: Complete SSAR: All freshman applicants must complete and submit a Student Self-Reported Academic Record (SSAR) as part of their application package. Applicants must meet the following requirements for admission:
- 50+ GPA and
- 1210+ SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing & Math only) or
- 25+ ACT
- Test Scores – ACT or SAT
- Language Requirement: Applicants applying for USF undergraduate courses must demonstrate English language proficiency.
The University of South Florida will provide a $4,000 (Up to $1,000 per year) award toward a full-time four-year undergraduate education through merit-based scholarships from the USF Office of Admissions.