Studying in Canada is a valuable and transformative experience and will take your education to the next level. The University of Winnipeg is accepting applications highlighting the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders available for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The awards will be given to international students who are entering any of the University’s divisions (Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE, or ELP) for the first time.
The University of Winnipeg was established in 1967. It has over 1,000 students from 75 countries and is dedicated to ensuring all students have equal access to higher learning. UWinnipeg’s 12% of the student population are international students.
Why study at the University of Winnipeg? Studying with UWinnipeg students will have the skills, knowledge, and experience, including evidence-based practice and quality improvement research skills. There are various ways to fund education as an international student.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Winnipeg
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE or ELP
- Award: $3,500 to $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 18
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any of the University’s divisions for the first time: Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE, or ELP.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be an international student
- Entering the first year of any program/school
- Have a minimum of 80% admission average or equivalent
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities
- Admitted to the University by the scholarship deadline
How to Apply
Fill out the forms and submit them to start the application.
- How to Apply: All applicants must submit the following forms:
- Complete an application for admission into the University of Winnipeg.
- Complete the web application form for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: These are the required documents (uploaded in one PDF file) applicants must include with this application. Applicants make sure all documents are translated into English if in another language.
- Personal Statement
- Two Reference Letters
- Admission Requirements: All applicants must begin their application for admission first in order to be assigned an UWinnipeg student ID number. Visit the Admissions page to begin their admission process or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Check the full criteria of entry requirements by country.
- Language Requirement: Students must have a level of ability in English that allows them to participate in all aspects of university study. Check the full criteria of English language proficiency.
The University of Winnipeg will provide all the following:
- 6 Undergraduate scholarships – $5,000
- 3 Graduate Scholarships – $5,000
- 3 Collegiate Scholarships – $3,500
- 3 Professional, Applied Continuing Education (PACE) Scholarships – $3,500
- 3 English Language Program (ELP) Scholarships (14-week full-time program only) – $3,500
Deadlines are as the following:
- Undergraduate: Spring/Summer 2023 – April 1, 2023
- Graduate: June 1, 2023
- Collegiate: June 1, 2023
- PACE: Spring/Summer 2023 – March 1, 2023, for fall 2023 – June 1, 2023, For Winter 2024 – October 1, 2023
- ELP: Spring/Summer 2023 – February 1, 2023, Fall 2023 – April 1, 2023, Winter 2024 – August 1, 2023