Newcastle University is pleased to announce its Sanctuary International Scholarships. The scholarship will be awarded for the academic year 2023-2024.
The aim of providing this scholarship is to enable students from asylum-seeker backgrounds to progress to higher-level study in the UK. Undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral-level degree programmes can be applied for at Newcastle University to be considered for this scholarship. The scholarship award consisting a full tuition fee and living expenses coverage. 3 to 5 winners will be announced.
Newcastle University is a British public research university based in Newcastle with an overseas campus presence in Singapore and Malaysia also. The university is a member of the Russell Group, which is an association of research-intensive UK universities and ranks 122nd in the QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at Newcastle University? Newcastle University, being a people-focused university, harnesses academic excellence, innovation and creativity to advantage individuals, organizations and society as a whole. The university has made it its existing mission to advance education and research and to help society tackle the many challenges it faces.
Application Deadline: 7th April 2023
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, or Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee and Living Expenses
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from overseas are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate, postgraduate, or doctoral-level study programmes can be undertaken at Newcastle University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be living in the UK at the time that they apply.
- The applicants must be asylum seekers, children of asylum seekers and unaccompanied asylum-seeking children and refugee status individuals.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are supposed to submit their initial admission application online. Students who want to win this scholarship must submit a separate scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcript of degree studies
- Certificates to confirm degree or highest qualification
- Evidence of your English language ability
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal for research programmes, if your course requires one.
- Personal Statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the course they wish to join at Newcastle University. Ideally, high school graduation, a bachelor or master’s degree certification.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5 or higher, depending on the course-specific requirements
The winning candidates will be awarded a scholarship with a full tuition fee and living expenses coverage by Newcastle University.