The University of Bedfordshire is accepting applications for the Merit Scholarship and Bedfordshire Bursary for UK students undertaking three or four years of undergraduate study.
The awards are only available to home students registered on a full-time, undergraduate Bachelor’s degree course for September 2023 in the academic year 2023-24.
The University of Bedfordshire was founded on 1 August 2006 in the UK. It is an internationally recognized public research university that has five campuses. Admissions to Bedfordshire are slightly competitive, with a moderately selective acceptance rate of 70%.
Why study at the University of Bedfordshire? Bedfordshire offers a range of courses through its four faculties: Education and Sport; Creative Arts, Technologies, and Science; Health and Social Sciences; and the University of Bedfordshire Business School. At UoB, students may enjoy their courses and the possibility of working with people from all over the world.
Application Deadline: Open for 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Bedfordshire
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Worth £2,400 over three academic years
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Home students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: The UK
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for Bachelor’s degree course (BA, BSc, BEng, LLB, or similar)
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be registered on a full-time, undergraduate Bachelor’s degree course
- Be a new entrant student to the University from September 2023 in the academic year 2023/24 who has not previously been enrolled (registered) at the University of Bedfordshire or the University of Luton.
- Be registered on the course on the relevant dates when eligibility for the award is determined (i.e., the census dates)
- Be a Home student who will pay the maximum tuition fee of £9,250 (including students whose fees may be paid by the SLC). The university reserves the right to review the Scholarship and Bursary package if the UK Government or other third parties reduce this maximum fee.
- Have fulfilled and completed all stages of financial processes, which may be required with sponsors or external bodies paying your fees to ensure that there is no impediment to the university receiving the payments.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no application process for the Merit Scholarship or Bedfordshire Bursary. Applicants are automatically awarded when they apply for an undergraduate degree course at the University of Bedfordshire for September 2023.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will be required to submit all the following:
- A fully completed application form
- Personal statement outlining the chosen course of study and the University of Bedfordshire (for direct applications)
- One letter of reference or name and contact details of at least one referee
- Copy of current passport
- Admission Requirements: For UK undergraduates with an entry qualification score of 120 UCAS tariff points or more, or equivalent. Entry requirements will vary for particular courses, so students must check the specific course description before applying.
- Language Requirement: The following qualification satisfies the English Language requirements for a Bachelor’s degree entry. UKVI Academic IELTS overall score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each element.
The University of Bedfordshire will provide up to £2,400* cash during undergraduate study. The scholarships are as the following:
- Merit Scholarship: Worth £2,400* over three academic years, awarded to those who can demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, scoring 120 UCAS tariff points or more.
- Bedfordshire Bursary: This Bursary is there to help UK students with aspects of student living, such as course costs. The Bursary will give students £1,000* over three academic years, or £1,300 if they take their course over four academic years (including those with a Foundation Year).